Sunday, June 20, 2010

fun being a father




Everett is learning how to sit up, and as with Simone when she was this age, watching him learn his new skill is our favorite way to entertain ourselves. It's shocking how many hours Crystal and I spend just watching our kids and getting a royal kick out of them!

Here's a picture of some home-made doughnuts Crystal made for Fathers' Day! I almost passed out when I took my first bite.





When I told Simone we were gonna eat doughnuts her eyes bulged and she said, "Yaaaay! I haven't eaten doughnuts in like 3 DAYS!" I laughed hard. And then I wondered what Crystal feeds her when I'm gone.

I feel like the luckiest guy in the world on this Fathers' Day. Crystal made me feel special. The kids made me laugh all day. Didn't have to work, so I got to be at church with my family, which is rare lately. I was caught up enough in school to mostly take the day off and just enjoy these beautiful people I get to live life with.

Thank you, Abba. Thank you, Amma. Thank you, Creator.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Micah, I just stumbled across this, and thought immediately of you. Check it out:

    http://bacontoday.com/colored-bacon/

    ReplyDelete