Monday, June 11, 2012

inception

The first thing I noticed was that my jaws were clenched.  "No words for now" - a ubiquitous voice from everywhere around me.  I closed my eyes. 

And beneath the words I couldn't speak, beneath it all, I closed them again.  Entered a dream withith a dream.  Hallways leading to hallways. 

Breath became easy.  The fire burning between my ribs was cooled.

I wasn't there long - maybe longer than I know.  There were no clocks in these hallways.  No sense of direction either.  My internal compass was wrecked.

I never found anything. Never did anything. Never saw anyone.

When I came back, my jaws were still shut.  I had nothing to say, anyway.  Retrograde amnesia - unable to connect to my old thoughts and bother my poor worn-out tongue with them. 

Something was different.  Something was born in that wasteland.

So alive and speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment