Sunday, February 28, 2010

not enough silence

"Where shall the word be found, where will the word resound? Not here, there is not enough silence." T.S. Eliot, Ash Wednesday

Crystal put this up on her facebook page the other day and it hit me like a ton a bricks.

What a world this could be if we knew how good silence was for us. What a different person I could be if I didn't look for ways to keep myself busy whenever I have the chance to sit, meditate, breathe. I'm so happily surrounded by people, my beautiful family, and so addicted to their presence that I almost cower when I'm alone.

But when I do manage to embrace the space when I have it, something profound happens to me spiritually. I know who I am. I know who I want to be. I feel divine love. I feel peace. My head defragments. I am energized and renewed.

Where will we find truth? Where will God reside? Here in the silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment