Monday, April 19, 2010

chicken wings and everett

The two are not connected in any way. Except the obvious fact that Everett's gonna love 'em like his daddy does. I made some home-made buffalo wings tonight and I thought they turned out great! Crystal's not too thrilled about chicken wings, so I had Stephen over, and we devoured them. Here are some pictures; and I can't help but throw in a few cool ones of my little man...



(there they are, fryin' up in the dutch oven)



(here they are, after the fryin', before the sauce)



(the finished product!)

And now, for some Everett:











In case anyone ever wants to make buffalo wings and thinks, as I did 'til tonight, that they're too hard and wouldn't taste anything like the restaurant...not so! Here's what you do:

Separate the joints of 4lbs of chicken wings, and discard the wing tips. Dredge each remaining piece in flour (seasoned with salt). Heat about four inches of oil or shortening in a dutch oven or deep pot to 400 degrees (about high to medium-high heat). Fry the wings in batches for about 12-14 minutes or until nice and crispy. While the chicken is frying, mix one 6 0z. bottle of Louisiana hot sauce with one stick of melted butter in a large bowl. Drain the wings and toss in bowl of buffalo sauce. Plate 'em, and eat up! Really easy, and tastes crispy and tender.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm always a sucker for buffalo wings. The funny thing is that Gabe doesn't like them...

    I've never made them, though. Ill have to give it a try.

    Everett sure is getting big. What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure which surprises me more: Gabe not liking chicken wings, or YOU liking them! Wow, I never saw that coming.

    ReplyDelete